Monday, July 9, 2012


Writing

For me writing is difficult.  I have trouble focusing on what I am doing and when I do focus I feel like I am still scatter-brained.  I feel like the hardest bridge to overcome for me is getting started.  Once I do get started I can usually get a lot down on the paper but then I have to go back at the end and move a lot of things around and organize everything so that it makes sense.  In high school I always made an outline first and that seemed to help some but I have not had to do much writing since then.  I usually have to write something on paper first and then type it.  If I try to type it first I always end up deleting everything and retyping it.  If I am using a computer I will end up on the internet or playing solitaire.  When I write I have to be at home on a couch.  I never can focus if I am anywhere else.  If I am lying in a bed I will fall asleep and if I am sitting at a desk or on campus I feel like I am in prison.  The only thing that really helps me get a paper or writing assignment done is knowing that I am almost out of time.  I have a serious problem with procrastination that I have always fought with.  As far as a process for writing I start by deciding what I am going to write about and then I just have to start putting words on paper.  Once I get my motor going then hopefully everything will just keep going smooth for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment